Choose the correct modal verb to complete the sentences below.
1. In most countries of the world students –––––––––––––––pay university fees. There is simply no choice.
2. However, in Britain and some other countries, including china, students –––––––––––borrow money from banks to cover compulsory fees. Banks are now making it possible for students to borrow money to cover fees.
3. When I was going to university, I –––––––––––find a part-time job to earn some pocket money, because my family was not rich.
a. had to
4. There are not many jobs a student ––––––––––do part-time. Most students find jobs as waiters, serving in restaurants, or working in kitchens and so on.
5. I really believe that all students –––––––– get a casual job, chiefly because it is good experience. This was the advice my father gave me and it helped me enormously.
6. I told you I ––––––––– get a distinction, and I did!
7. For post- graduate study in the United States of America it–––––––––––be possible to get a scholarship to cover the tuition costs of the degree.
8. However, I am not so sure, you–––––––––have to check.
9. Australians love the beach. It is important to remember that exposure to the Australian sun, especially in summer is dangerous. So, you ––––––––––wear a hat.
10. Of course you really ––––––––to apply lots of sunscreen on exposed skin.
3. had to