Fill in the correct form of “can, could, be able to” as given in the examples.
Ben could not help his little brother with his homework yesterday.
Can I call you later tonight?
1. _______ Tony run long distances when he was a boy?
2. ______ you please call a tow truck for me? My car broke down. (polite)
3. The students _______ to buy their textbooks today. The bookstore is all out of them.
4. ______ you teach me how to fix my computer? You’re so good at it.
5. ______ you ______ reach the customer if you call him at 4:00 his time?
- aren’t able
- Will/be able to