Having a PR card confirms your status of being a permanent resident of Canada. Let us discuss how you can apply for a PR in Canada as this document holds all your personal information and is issued by IRCC.
- Physically present in Canada - A permanent resident of Canada - Not leave the country until allowed to
To apply for permanent residency, you must be
- Fill the forms - Read the guide - Copy of valid passport and travel document - Identity document listed in document checklist - Receipt of processing fee - Two photos
How to apply for a PR card?
Get the application package
- Ensure to have a printer - Valid email address - PDF Reader - Credit or Debit card - Print receipt and attach
Pay your application fees
- Ensure to answer all questions - Sign at necessary places - Attach receipt and supporting documents - Send the application at the right address
Submit your application
There is no specific processing time, usually it takes about 4 to 6 months.
What is the processing time of a PR card?
● 5 year multiple entry visa ● Free education for children ● Invite parents for permanent settlement ● Full time work opportunity